This would be like a dream come true for every bride, but this dream can be a reality for some. All one needs to do is to look for the right substitutes, here is a list of some of the things one can do to achieve this elusive dream.
1. Rummage into your antiques and find some old silk saris or Lehenga which can be re done and used.
2. Look for the mixture of very fine machine embroidery and hand embroidery that gives an illusion of a total hand embroidery ensemble
3. Look for a textured fabric (made on power loom) which is not as costly as zari fabric like silk brocade and kinkhab but looks similar.
4. There are some embroidered fabrics available in the market which are basically done through computer embroidery and are very cheap as they are made in bulk.
5. Don’t go for umbrella style Lehenga as this has a lot of flair and it results in lot of fabric usage. Leading to raised embroidery costs, cheaper option is to go for an A line lehenga or mermaid style with a little more flare on the hem to give yourself flamboyant look.
6. Another option which goes well and is low budget option is to try on concepts like a Lehenga cum sari or frill sari which looks grand and at the same time reduces the cost.